It's the most wonderful time of the year to be a Woman Made Gallery member! The biggest perk to WMG membership is this guaranteed annual exhibition opportunity of small works.
ABOUT THE EXHIBITION
This group exhibition is open to all current WMG members working across mediums. If you are not a member yet, please join here: https://womanmade.org/join-wmg/. Any submission received without paid member dues between November 9, 2020 - November 7, 2021 will be rejected.
WMG defines small work as under 16 in. in any direction and with a list price of under $300. All works in this exhibition are required to be listed for sale.
Members may submit up to 3 works for consideration, with 1 artwork guaranteed. Entries are selected by WMG's Membership and Marketing Committee.
We are proud to have extended the Small Works Members Exhibition for a full month run, and now opening on Small Business Saturday to inspire greater holiday sales.
- First Submission Deadline: Sun. October 17, 2021 at 11:59 PM CST
- Notifications: Fri. October 22, 2021
- Rolling Submission Deadline: Sun. November 7, 2021 at 11:59 PM CST
- Notifications: On a rolling basis through Tues. November 9, 2021
- Exhibition Dates: November 27 – December 19, 2021
- Open House Dates: Sat. November 27 and Sun. December 19, Noon - 5 PM
- Preview of Small Works @ WMG's Fall Fundraiser:* November 4, 6:30 - 9:30 PM (purchase tickets here!)
- In Person Art Delivery: 12 - 6:30 PM, Thurs. Oct 28 or Nov 11 ; 12 - 4 PM, Sat. Oct 30 or Nov. 6
- Shipped Art Received to Gallery Deadline: Thurs. Nov 11, 2021
- Art Pick Up*: 5-6 PM on Sun. Dec. 19; Noon - 6 PM on Thurs. Dec 23 or Jan 13; Noon - 4 PM on Sat Jan. 14
- Art Ship Out: Unsold artworks will be shipped for return to artists as early as Thursday, December 23rd and no later than Thursday, January 13th. If you are in need of shipping accommodations due to holiday schedules, please note in your application.
- Property of WMG: Any artwork left unclaimed at the gallery after Thurs Jan 13 will become the property of Woman Made Gallery and may be discarded or used in future fundraising efforts with WMG retaining 100% of profits.
*WMG will close the gallery for a holiday break starting Friday, December 25 and returning on Thursday, January 6. Please understand that communication with staff may be delayed during this scheduled break.
The Small Works Members Exhibition has no submission fee, but WMG membership must be current. Please ensure membership dues are paid by October 15, 2021. You may become a new member or renew your membership at: https://womanmade.org/join-wmg/
Woman Made Gallery is a space for women and nonbinary artists, including trans women and femme/feminine-identifying genderqueer artists.
Submit images of up to three works in any medium. At least one work is guaranteed to be included. Accepted artworks must not exceed 16" in any direction. Applicants will be asked to submit a general artist’s statement and artist bio of no more than 300 words each.
New media artworks are eligible. To be considered, artists must submit a sample .mp4 or url under 10mins for purposes of consideration. For exhibition, WMG requires a digital transfer (Google Drive, Vimeo downloads, WeTransfer) as well as a USB formatted in .mp4 file format delivered to the gallery. WMG can provide a limited number of media players, Epson projectors and TV monitors with basic speakers. All other new media needs are the responsibility of the artist.
Accepted work are required to be listed for sale. WMG will retain a 40% commission on sold works. Work remains the property of the artist until sold. Sold artworks shall remain in the exhibition until the end of the exhibition. Artists will be paid no later than 30 days after the close of the exhibit.
TERMS OF EXHIBITION
An artist contract with full terms of exhibition will be administered at the time of acceptance notification.
The Small Works Members Exhibition will be hung salon style. WMG has ample pedestals and general hardware for installation (e.g. screws, nails, T-pins, magnets). WMG requests that artists provide all supports and hard wares that may be unique to the artwork (e.g. quilt/fabric art support bars, beyond usual hardware, stabilizers, hanging systems, etc.). WMG is happy to discuss and advise on installation preparation needs and recommend resources, as requested at the time of notifications. WMG cannot guarantee timely communications after the deadline to receive art to the gallery and once installation of the exhibition has started.
Please note that the shipping/delivery to and from the gallery is the responsibility of the artist including all associated fees (e.g. the decision to insure work en route, require signature, etc.). To ensure a timely return, WMG requests a prepaid return label be included for return shipment of unsold work. Shipping companies typically charge upon ship out at the time the label is scanned, or otherwise remit unused shipping label charges.
If work is not picked up from exhibition by the date noted in the artist contract, the work will become the property of Woman Made Gallery and subject to donation to WMG's fundraising efforts, or otherwise discarded.
Woman Made Gallery
2150 S. Canalport 4th FL, Chicago, IL 60608
Enter through Parking Lot at North Entrance on 21st Street
(312) 738-0400 | firstname.lastname@example.org